Will you publish my stuff?
That depends. Are YOU that kid from Kinko's with the poorly xeroxed minis?
Seriously, we will be considering expanding our repertoire beyond just the comix of Dexter Cockburn. Stay tooned for exciting developments on that front! ;)
Tee-hee! You put out funny looking comics! Are they for kids?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! If you would like to buy any comix from The Comix Company, you must be an adult. That's right: ADULTS ONLY!!! That being said, I don't really know what the age of majority is in every single damn part of the world, so please don't order these books if you're a minor (or planning to give them to a minor).
Tell me about commissions...
YAY!!! I’m now doin’ commissions!!!
And how much will these fine works of art set me back, you may ask? Well, the easiest way to find out is to email me what you’d like – email@example.com – and I can give you a price quote including cost of shipping. Remember, if you’re an existing Comix Company client, you’ll receive 10% off the full deal!
Here’s an example of my price breakdown...
1. I want an 8 ½” x 11” picture of DC’s war hero Sgt. Rock, with his drawers down & a boner that could split logs! - $15
2. Now add a hot chick SS officer riding his manhood - $10
3. Boy, that’s sexy!... Now add 2 more female German soldiers in the background (please have them doing whatever your imagination dictates!) - $10
4. Now add a background of a bombed-out French village - $10
5. I’m only at $45 for all that??? Gosh! I guess you can colour it all in with Sharpie markers and pencil crayons - $15
6. Oops! I’d rather keep it black and white!!! But I’d also like a colour copy... can you scan it, colour it on the computer & email me a high res jpeg? You can? Swell! - $5
7. All done? Wow! I can’t wait to get it!!! Could you sandwich it between some cardboard, slip it in a padded envelope and mail it to Walla Walla, Washington? - $7
8. Say, I bought some comix from you last year. Do I get a discount? – minus 10%
9. FINAL TOTAL: $51.30
Before I ink it, I’ll send you a scan of the rough pencil sketch for your approval. If you want some tweaking done to the piece, the first tweak is free. Additional tweaks will be $5. If you love it, simply cough up 50% of the finished price and I’ll get crackin’! The balance will be due upon completion, and must be paid before the artwork is sent out. I will retain an electronic copy of your commission to be used for portfolio purposes, but I will not use it in any way to make additional monies – once you’ve paid for it, it’s yours!
Any additional questions, please send me an email.
Your pal, Dexter